Monday, July 24, 2017
Express trains may soon be running between West Palm, Ft. Lauderdale and Miami. They have not yet started on the Orlando destination, but expect that to be serviceable in 2020. Passengers are expected to be mainly business people, and there will be tourists too. With theme parks, conventions, hotels and other venues to explore it will be a popular run.
GREAT INVESTMENT. Looking for a getaway or an investment condo you can rent out the day after closing? A condo for visiting guests and family? 1385 living sq ft, 24/7 manned gate, well-maintained, updated unit, 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, bonus room, laundry room with cabinets and space for storage. Garden view.
Huge community pool, small clubhouse, card room, kitchen, living room. All ages. Whitehall Condos in the Presidential Estates area in West Palm Beach near I95. Luxury golf community going up next door… condo values will go up! List price is $138,500, HOA is $350/mo.
Call Marilyn at 561-302-3388 to see this furnished unit, move-in ready. I can have it up for rent on MLS day after closing. Near Outlet Mall with Whole Foods, restaurants, shops, I-95, Palm Beach. Great buy!
Friday, July 21, 2017
...an exclusive community with social membership for $1000 initiation fee, $829 annual dues and $550 min dining & bar fees, pretty clubhouse, pool? Breakers West & Mayacoo Golf Club in West Palm Beach FL. 561-302-3388 for details.
COME AND SEE... YOU WILL WANT TO STAY!
Monday, May 29, 2017
It's the time of year when the days are longer and outdoor furniture comes out of storage. Whether you lounge in handcrafted teak Adirondack chairs or pull up your favorite metal frame seat to your vintage glass-top table, patio furniture requires some necessary maintenance. Read on for our seven tips for maintaining your patio furniture.
Many homeowners love hardwood floors not only for their look and durability, but also because they're simple to clean—at least relative to carpeting, tile, and many other surfaces. But maintaining spick-and-span hardwood floors isn't quite as simple as it may seem, which leaves many homeowners wondering: What's the best way to clean hardwood floors, anyway?
“There’s a responsibility that comes with owning a wood floor,” says Brett Miller, vice president of education and certification for the National Wood Flooring Association in St. Louis. “People who haven’t had a wood floor before don’t always consider the importance of properly maintaining those floor coverings.”
If you want to keep your hardwood floors looking their best, here are the steps to take.
Remove debris regularly
Your first line of defense is to remove dirt and debris as quickly and often as possible. Even the smallest specks of dirt act like sandpaper, and can scratch the floor's surface and make it look dull. So make sure to vacuum or sweep regularly—ideally once every two to three days, or more for high-traffic areas, says Miller. If you vacuum, use the hard surface setting on your machine, which turns off the beater bar and lowers the vacuum to the floor for better suction power.
Wipe spills immediately
Hardwood floors may look impervious to spills compared with carpet, but certain substances can actually eat away at the top coat of polish on your floor. Some common offenders include milk, mustard, and pet urine. So if Fido or Fluffy isn't fully house trained, make sure to pick up after accidents pronto.
Mop the right way
A damp (but not sopping) mop can also help keep a hardwood floor clean, provided you use the right cleaner (more on what not to use next). Most wood floor installers or manufacturers recommend cleaners that contain isopropyl alcohol, which dries quickly, and are available at home supply stores.
To make your own solution for a monthly clean, add a capful of white vinegar to a gallon of water, which will help dissolve grease and grime on the floor, but not strip the finish. To remove shoe scuffs, rub marks with a tennis ball, which cleans without scratching the finish.
Whatever you do, do not clean wood floors with a steam mop, Miller says. “Steam is horrible for wood floors. It opens the pores in woods and damages the finish, causing irreversible damage to any wood floor.”
Use the right cleaning products
“Wood is probably the easiest floor covering to keep clean, but you have to use the right cleaning products,” says Miller. In fact, contrary to what you might think, he adds, “anything that says ‘polish’ or ‘shine’ indicates you’re adding a layer of something to the floor, and it’s not a protective coating.”
The result? Your floor might look shiny right after you're done, but it will quickly smear and look dull (prompting you to clean your floors again). So when in doubt, stick with cleaning solutions recommended by a hardwood floor specialist rather than what's being hawked at your average grocery store.
And if it still doesn't look clean...
If vacuuming and mopping don’t restore the luster to your hardwood floors, it may not be due to lack of elbow grease. Eventually, wood floors withstand enough damage that they should be refinished—meaning the top layer of wood is sanded down to remove marks, then covered with sealant. Hardwood floors should be resealed about once every 10 years, or every two to five years if they get substantial traffic from kids or pets.
Monday, March 27, 2017
“XANADU 2.0” IS AWESOME
· Costing $60MM, it took seven years to build; Bill Gates also bought several surrounding houses for about $14.4MM. The home has 24 bathrooms. Annual property tax is over $1MM.
· Pool measures 60’x17’ and has a fossil-motif floor and underwater music system. Locker room has 4 showers and 2 baths. Dive into the pool and you can come up by an outdoor terrace, going under a glass wall. Fitness gym is 2500 sq ft; trampoline room has 20’ ceiling. There is an elevator, but if you are into fitness, set your fitbit and head up or down the 84 steps from the entrance to the ground floor.
· 1000 sq ft dining room seats 24. 150 people can be fed dinner or 200 can be at a cocktail party in the 2300 sq ft reception hall. Guests receive a pin that interacts with room sensors and can change to your preference the temperature, music and lighting. This was built in 1995.
· Guest house has 1 bedroom, 1 bath and is 1900 sq ft.
· The grounds include an artificial stream and wetland estuary stocked with salmon and sea-run cutthroat trout. The sand on the lake bank is imported from warmer sandier climates, perhaps Hawaii.
Thursday, December 29, 2016
Saturday, November 26, 2016
YOU CAN HAVE IT ALL AT JONATHANS LANDING IN JUPITER
· 3 golf courses (Tom Fazio, George Fazio, Arthur Hills), golf fitness assessment, reciprocal program with other golf clubs
· Non-mandatory membership and a variety of membership choices
· full service Loggerhead Marina in well-protected harbor, yachting- private and community docks,
· Ocean access with no fixed bridges
· 10 Har-tru tennis courts, pro-shop, clinics, tournaments
· Chose from single family homes, condos and townhouses, panoramic water views from many homes, nearby beach and ocean
· Fitness, exercise, yoga, pilates, personal training, spa, cardio and strength training. Group classes
· Physical, occupational and speech therapy services: Jupiter Medical Center Outpatient Rehabilitation
· Clubhouse dining, sports café, many social events
· Nature trails, Quiet, pastoral setting with lush landscaping, freshwater lakes and canals
Choose from 16 properties available today ranging from $339,000 ofr 3 bedrooms, 3 ensuite baths + one half bath, 1767 living sq ft, 2 car garage, freshly painted, all updated and upgraded to $2,495,000 for a 5 bedroom, 4 ½ bath, 4675 living sq ft extensively renovated single family home with two car garage, pool, deep water dock for boat 40’ to 60’.
MARILYN KNOWS THE COUNTRY CLUBS... LET'S GO LOOK!
Friday, October 28, 2016
Thursday, September 29, 2016
SOUTH PALM BEACH ESTATES 1928 HISTORIC HOME IN ANTIQUE DISTRICT
1928 Classic Mediterranean with 3 bedrooms, 1 ½ baths, private fenced lush garden with deck
· Updated and restored
· 1536 living sq ft, NO HOA, no restrictions, pets OK - $375,000
· Lush Garden view, decked outdoor area, easy to maintain
· East of US -2 blocks to intracoastal waterway
· Large upstairs office/bonus room
· Pecky cypress ceiling downstairs, fireplace, in living room, sunny lanai
· Carport attached, covered, washer & dryer
· Tile and laminate floors
Relish living in restored, updated home with "old Florida feeling
Relax on backyard deck, private fenced area, lush plantings
Entertain - great flow in house
Walk in Antique District, 2 blocks to Intracoastal Waterway
NO HOA, NO RESTRICTIONS, PETS OK
Call Marilyn at 561-513-6180 for showings
Sunday, September 11, 2016
If you’ve recently driven west on Southern Boulevard past the Lion Country Safari turn, you’ve no doubt seen the construction site for Arden, a massive housing community. It is across from a wildlife refuge. Amenities map is below.
The 2,000-home project will span 1,200 acres and builders are expecting to complete some model homes by the beginning of 2017. It’s located in unincorporated Palm Beach County, west of Wellington and Loxahatchee Groves. Location is 12 minutes from world-class equestrian competition, many shops, restaurants, and event venues. The workers are currently burying power lines and building more than six miles of utility and drainage piping.
Plans for the community include 19 miles of walking and biking trails and 176 acres of lakes, giving it a natural feel. The central lake will be one mile long. Sweeping lake vistas and shady nooks are around the lake. The community will also have a functioning 5-acre farm that will have harvesting events for the residents. This will be in keeping with the area’s rich agricultural history. Residents can attend seasonal cooking classes, harvest events and farm-to-fork meals. After the utility work and building a guard house, workers will move their attention to the clubhouse, which will have pools and private cabanas. Most homes will backup to a park, greenway or nature trail. Community emphasis is on healthy living and outdoor life. A wifi café and community clubs will be available, clubs will be available, 4 Har-Tru tennis courts, and multiple playfields.
Bass fishing, bird watching, kayaking, fishing and epic picnicking are featured. The clubhouse offers an outdoor patio and resort-style pool on two levels. The upper pool has private cabanas in a peaceful environment. The lower pool has an interactive splash pad and multiple fountains. The Hub, within the clubhouse, will offer tea and coffee, a great place to relax with friends.
A short ride east will take you to downtown West Palm Beach and City Place, the Convention Center, and Palm Beach. There are endless choices in the area of activities in the area to enjoy.